|NESTLÉ - Glendale, CA
||October 2002 - January 2003
|Access Developer/Production Support
- VBA development for material audit database.
- Designed and created material creation workflow tracking database to supplement SAP workflow system.
- Writing SQL queries to verify and analyze data.
- Used Tivoli system to route trouble tickets.
|AVON - Pasadena,CA
||June 2002-October 2002
|Home For The Holidays Lead/Access Developer (June 2002 - October 2002)
Managed the back-end registration of the 2002 Avon Home For The Holidays events.
Designed an event registration and tracking database for the Home For The Holidays events. Used the database to:
- Managed a staff of 18 people including data entry, office assistants and customer service representatives.
- Registered over 28,000 people for 2002 Avon Home For The Holidays.
- Bill over $500,000 in registration fees.
- Track event attendance and capacity. Provided regular reports to Avon staff.
- Send confirmation letters to event participants.
- Manage the preparation of individualized attendee packets.
|NESTLÉ - Glendale,CA
||May 2002-June 2002
|Training Design/PowerPoint Specialist (June 2002)
Access Developer (May 2002)
- Updated training materials in PowerPoint and Word.
Designed and programmed an employee competency tracking database.
- Program used to store and analyze yearly employee competency evaluations
- Easy to use data-entry and reports screens
- Evaluations/data stored covered a total of 23 different competencies, 596 behaviors, 3 behavior skill levels and 7 different technical/functional expertise categories.
- Created 9 different reports filtered by 5 separate parameters to analyze the evaluation data
|UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, HOLLYWOOD
||March 1993-October 2001
|Project Analyst, Timekeeper (2000 – 2001)
Responsible for analyzing company policies and procedures during implementation of automated timekeeping and payroll system.
- Initiated major changes to automated timekeeping system which will result in projected labor cost saving of $85,000 annually.
- Collaborated with corporate IT Department in the implementation and testing of system changes.
- Designed and authored specifications and managed creation of customized Scheduling Program, reducing scheduling time by 50%.
- Created statistical analysis that saved company approximately $50,000 in hardware costs.
Training Supervisor (1996 – 2000)
Managed training and human resource issues for Parking and Valet Departments.
- Managed annual training budget of $40,000.
- Designed and programmed three multi-function databases used to track and analyze employee and theme park information.
- Managed and trained over 200 employees annually.
- Developed 4-day training program for new employees.
- Wrote a 70-page Operations Manual, a 50-page Valet Manual and a 100-page Leader’s Guide.
Parking Toll Booth Lead (1993 – 1996)
Microsoft Office including:
Other computer skills:
- Intermediate VBA programming.
- OLE and Office Automation.
- Access – desktop database creation, design and programming.
- Excel – standard uses and data analysis.
- Word – advanced document design and creation.
- Open Office Suite
- Windows 95,98, 2000 including installation and customization.
- Knowledge of HTML and PHP.
- Programming in Basic, Pascal and Delphi.
B.A. Molecular Biology
UC Berkeley, Berkley, CA
Graduate Program in Molecular Biology
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
A Word 97/2000 version of my resume may be found here.